Pikes Peak Moving & Storage knows that working through the details and move planning process can sometimes leave you wondering where to start first. Here are some top helpful hints that will make planning a move much easier.
While virtually everything should be prepared for moving prior to moving day, there are some items you’ll need to keep with you at all times. Plan on packing two cartons you’ll bring with you so you have access to their contents at any time during your move:
The Moving Out Carton — Anything you need on moving day should be kept here. This includes towels, toiletries, tissue, personal items and anything else you’ll need to access at a moment’s notice throughout your move.
The Moving In Carton — What do most people need immediately? A little bit of everything. Consider including a screwdriver, a utility knife to cut packing tape, first aid kit, instant coffee, snacks, light bulbs, paper plates and cups, plastic eating utensils, paper towels, toilet tissue, etc.
Things to do on Moving Day
- Stack cartons to keep organized.
- Put all items not to be moved into an empty room or labeled clearly.
- Keep pets in a safe area so they don’t accidentally get out of the house or climb in furniture that might be moved.
- Be available to answer questions from crew if needed upon the packing and moving of your items.
- Keep the vacuum and cleaning supplies out to do last minute cleaning at the end of the move.
- Do final walk-through with packers before they leave.
- Do final walk-through with movers before they leave.